MOOCs - massive open online courses - are online courses open to anyone who wants to deepened his/her knowledge in a specific topic without going to University, paying fees or matching some admission criteria. As their are displayed online, you can progress in the courses with all elecrtonic devices from multiplaces and whenever you like (time flexibility).
The LSM offers a MOOC on "Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility" (available in French or in English) that addresses CSR in two ways:
- as a reflection of corporate self-awareness
- as a source of innovation and a means to deal with heightened competitiveness, demands for sustainable development, and shifts in international governance. By presenting insights from CSR experts, from both academia and practice, this course provides a way for managers, consumers, and citizens to acquire in-depth insights and critical perspectives on companies’ CSR activities and communications.
The multi-industry case study structure of this MOOC enables participants to confront the challenges facing today’s managers as they seek to develop and communicate their own CSR initiatives. Dedicated discussion forums also are available for participants to present personalized CSR cases. It adresses the following questions:
- What is corporate social responsibility (CSR)?
- What does it mean, and what does it involve?
- Do stakeholders really care?
- If they do, how should companies communicate with them?
You need more information about the content and philosophy of our course? Visit this website, listen to our “teaser” and register!
The MOOC on Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility is part of the MicroMaster in Management organized since January 2017. This MicroMaster aims at developing skills in three fundamental areas of management: corporate strategy, marketing and finance, with a focus on analysis and the stimulation of organizational changes aimed at improving CSR in relation to the missions and values of the LSM. The MicroMaster in Management consists of six MOOCs in French:
- Foundations of Corporate Strategy
- Discover Marketing;Principles of Finance
- Communication Corporate Social Responsibility (translated from the English version of the MOOC)
- Psychology of negotiation
More information on the MicroMaster offered by UCLouvain are available here (only in French).
The Campus Virtuel en Gestion (CVG) is the result of a close collaboration between HEC-Ecole de Gestion de l'Université de Liège, the Louvain School of Management and Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management. Since January 2009, it offers the Online Executive Master in Management, Management training at university level based on the principles of e-learning.
In this context, an on-line CSR course taught by Jan Noterdaeme and Corentin Hericher. This online course is built on the same foundations, principles and objectives that the courses offered off-line in the Louvain School of Management’s programmes but was of course adjusted to take best advantage of the new opportunities offered by the Internet.