The CEMS MIM is a two-year, full time program (can be entirely in English) which combines academic theory and business practice and will give you 2 degrees with any additional tuition fees.
The program is only open to students who will enroll at LSM in the Master 120 in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS- Management (GEST2MS/GE) after being selected for CEMS MIM. Please note: the CEMS MIM starts in September of the first year of the Master 120.
At LSM we facilitate CEMS local-international student network and integration through the following common CEMS curriculum which includes: 2 academic terms at 2 different CEMS Schools*, an international internship, core courses, block seminar, skill seminars and a business project.
The academic year at LSM is composed of two terms and each term is split into two parts (Part 1 & Part 2) :
- Fall term going from September to December with exam session in January
- Part 1 : the 8 first weeks of the term (incl. integration and evaluation week)
- Part 2 : the 6 last weeks of the term
- Spring term going from February to May with exam session in June
- Part 1 : the 7 first weeks of the term (incl. evaluation week)
- Part 2 : the 8 last weeks of the term (incl. 2 weeks of Easter holidays)
All courses are given on a period of 6 weeks; thus, they are given in part 1 or in part 2:
- Courses from part 1 may end with an exam after the 6 weeks of lecture (on week 7) or during the June exam session
- Courses in part 2 have automatically the exams scheduled during the June exam session
* Mandatory 1 academic term abroad. The possibility to do 2 academic terms abroad has a limited access and the available places are allocated according to a ranking. Download the programme brochure on the right side of the page for more details.
- 3-4 core courses (19 ECTS)
- CEMS Option 15 ECTS (International Marketing Management, International Business, International Financial Management)
- 3 courses (13 ECTS)
- International Internship 10 ECTS (mandatory during Q2 Part 2. Minimum 12 consecutive weeks abroad in a full-time position - no overlap with academic terms. With this internship, you can fulfill both the LSM Master 120 and CEMS internship requirements).
When applying for the International Management/CEMS programme at LSM, you are required to provide proof of proficiency in only one language which is English (entry).
However, all CEMS MIM students graduate with competence in three languages (exit). These languages are:
- TOEFL iBT: minimum overall score of 100
- IELTS Academic test: minimum overall score of 7.0
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): minimum grade B
- Cambridge English Business certificate (BEC): minimum higher grade B
- Cambridge certificate of proficiency in English (CPE): minimum C1 level
- You have a Bachelor's diploma entirely taught in English from an English speaking country, or in a CEMS or an EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution
The third language may be another CEMS language or any other language.
Certain combinations of similar languages will not be allowed to fulfill the requirements (e.g. Danish/Swedish/Norwegian, Czech/Slovak, Catalan/Spanish, Ukrainian/Belarusian/Russian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian/Montenegrin/Slovenian).
The following periods of validity apply for CEMS accredited language certificates and exams. The reference date is the first day of the CEMS MIM year, which is the 2nd year of LSM Master's degree (September 2019):
- C2/C1 - eternal validity (unless different indicated, e.g. IELTS results are valid for two years only)
- B2 - 5 years (not older than September 2014)
- B1/A2/A1 - 2 years (not older than September 2017)
Skill Seminars are training seminars in practical skills. They are essential to kick-starting an effective professional career and fundamental to adjusting easily to an international management environment.
Students have to attend 4 Skill Seminar days in total (2 ECTS) (1 day = 8 hours = 0.5 ECTS), of which at least 2 days must be in "Business Communication (BCSS)".
LSM does not charge any additional tuition fees for the CEMS MIM.
For the UCL Tuition Fees covering 4 CEMS terms/semesters (including the term spent in the partner university), click here.
To know how to reduce the cost of studying at UCL, please click here.
Grants are intended to co-fund the additional costs of the academic term abroad, they will not cover all the costs relating to your exchange program. Monthly rates range from 200€ to 550€.