UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure-track or tenured full-time position in Computer science applied to life sciences
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations with specialists in the field of medicine, life sciences, mathematical, numerical and computational sciences, electronics, energy, among many others. The position is attached to the Louvain School of Engineering and to the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The Louvain-la-Neuve site offers a unique living environment conveniently located at the heart of Europe. The Charleroi site offers a quality environment in higher education, at the heart of a region in full economic development, centred on new technologies.
The successful candidate will be required to strengthen teaching in computer science and cybersecurity at UCLouvain, Louvain School of Engineering and to the benefit of other faculties. He or she will participate in teaching in the bachelor's degree in computer science in Charleroi, and will develop a teaching activity in Louvain-la-Neuve in the area of safety critical embedded systems, and more specifically critical cyber-physical systems, at the border between IT, cybersecurity, and physical systems comprising actuators and sensors. Bachelor level courses are taught mainly in French, master level courses exclusively in English.
The successful candidate will develop and drive a cutting-edge research program in the field of safety critical embedded systems, and more specifically around cyber-physical systems at the border between computing, cybersecurity and sensor and actuator electronics. More specifically, the candidate will be an expert in one of the following research areas, without however wanting to be exhaustive :
- design techniques aiming at making systems safe and operating with integrity, and at proving it with a view to certification;
- cyber security software and hardware (design and execution);
- algorithms (including component coordination);
- the definition and development of interface software to communicate as closely as possible with physical components;
- the processing of large data sets in a decentralized manner and often at the source;
- user experience of cyber-physical systems.
- Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and take on responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.
Online Application deadline: Monday, November 16, 2020 at noon
Starting date: 1st September, 2021
Further information :
Prof. Alain Jonas, Dean EPL – email@example.com
Prof. Jean-Didier Legat, President ICTM – firstname.lastname@example.org