The Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) is opening a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher in supply chain management.
The recruited applicant will conduct postdoctoral research under the supervision of Profs. Philippe Chevalier (CORE, UCL) and Per Agrell (CORE, UCL). He/she will participate to the PRESupply (Predictive Supply Chain) research project. PRESupply develops an integrated and predictive approach of supply chain management. This project, financed by Logistics in Wallonia (Walloon competitiveness cluster dedicated to transport, logistics and mobility), involves several industrial partners. Its aim is to facilitate the access to advanced data analytics to small and medium companies for supply chain management and optimization via the development of a flexible and modular platform.
The successful candidate will establish a complementary and independent research program to develop models for the joint management of routing and inventories with uncertainty. He/she will disseminate this research in journal publications and contribute to the modular platform development.
- PhD in operations research or related fields
- Solid background in research in supply chain management
- Proficient knowledge of English is highly desirable
- Knowledge of French is an asset
We offer a contract for 18 months with an attractive salary (the monthly gross salary for candidates with 3 years of experience is around €4,450) and full benefits. The CORE Secretariat may assist a non-resident candidate in finding accommodation.
The contract will start as soon as possible (preferably by April 2018).
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send the following documents to email@example.com with “PRESupply application : <your name>” in the subject field:
- A cover letter describing the candidate's qualifications and motivations. A generic application letter will not be accepted. We want to know why you are interested in this particular project.
- A detailed curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- Three letters of recommendation (references can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PRESupply application: Recommendation for <candidate’s name>” in the subject field.)
- Three drafts of academic work (published or submitted to journals, conference papers), preferably related to the topic of the position
- Any other information that may convince us to select you
The closing date for applications is February 28, 2018.
For more information, don’t hesitate to send us an email.