The Gynecology Unit has focused its experimental research activities on five main themes on female and male infertility:
- Optimization of ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation protocols to preserve the fertility in cancer patients.
- The development of a transplantable artificial ovary.
- Optimization of protocols for cryopreservation of testicular tissues and sperm.
- The pathogenesis of endometriosis and adenomyose nodule of the rectovaginal blade, which are frequent, disabling, high-recurrence benign gynecological pathologies affecting reproductive age patients.
- The study of new strategies to treat uterine fibroids.