This Summer School in Algebra and Topology will take place in Louvain-la-Neuve from Wednesday 12 September (morning) to Saturday 15 September 2018 (at noon).
The invited speakers of the Summer School will be professors Maria Manuel Clementino (University of Coimbra), Alberto Facchini (University of Padova) and Tim Van der Linden (Université catholique de Louvain).
The Summer School will consist in three intensive courses addressed to Master and PhD students, that will be of interest also for more experienced researchers in mathematics. This event is part of a joint project of the Université catholique de Louvain with the universities of Coimbra, Padova and Poitiers, promoting research collaborations within the Coimbra Group. The project is funded by UCL for the period January 2018-December 2020.
(a precise schedule will be available in June)
Topological algebras - Maria Manuel Clementino
Commutative monoids, noncommutative rings and modules - Alberto Facchini
Non-associative algebras - Tim Van der Linden
Funding for students
There is a limited funding to partially cover local expenses for students. To apply for this funding, the applicant should send an updated CV and a reference letter to Marino Gran by May 1st, 2018. All candidates will be notified (whether successful or not) by the end of May.
In order to register it suffices to send an email to Mme Carine Baras by mentioning the affiliation, the academic status (master student, PhD student, post-doc, permanent researcher, academic, etc.). If an accommodation is required, two options will be proposed, if still available: a room at the Ibis Style Hotel in Louvain-la-Neuve (in a single or in a double room), or a room in a university residence. The deadline for the registration is June 15, 2018.
- Guillermo Cafaggi Lopez (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Alan Cigoli (Università degli Studi di Milano)
- Maria Manuel Clementino (Universidade de Coimbra)
- Morine Delhelle (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Arnaud Duvieusart (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Alberto Facchini (Università degli Studi di Padova)
- Marino Gran (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Sandra Mantovani (Università degli Studi di Milano)
- Cyrille Simeu (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Florence Sterck (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Idriss Tchoffo Nguefeu (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Tim Van der Linden (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Enrico Vitale (Université catholique de Louvain)