Agilent commercial microarrays
Agilent Technologies prints high-quality oligonucleotide microarrays (SurePrint technology) displaying high reproductibility.
These microarrays are manufactured using Agilent's non-contact in situ synthesis process of printing 60-mer probes, base-by-base. Up to 4 X 44,000 oligonucleotides per glass slide can be synthetized.
All arrays have a sensitivity of at least 1 transcript per million cells with a dynamic range of 3 decades.
Each microarray is uniquely bar-coded and data about the microarray and gene identification is stored in an accompanying microarray file.
Available gene expression microarrays :
- Human Genome (Whole), Mouse Genome (WHole), Mouse Development Rat Genome (Whole), Bovine, Porcine, Rhesus Macaque, Canine, Rabbit, Chicken, Sheep, Horse
- Arabidopsis, Barley, Brassica, Rice, Cotton, Tobacco, Tomato, Wheat, Maize
- C. elegans, Drosophila, Mosquito, Zebrafish, Salmon, Xenopus, Magnaporthe, Medicago
- Yeast, E. coli
Agilent Custom microarrays
Agilent provides on demand printed custom microarray for other species and genomic subsets via the eArray system.
Workflow for gene expression microarrays
- RNA quality control of integrity and purity (Nanodrop and Bioanalyser)
- Reverse transcription of mRNA to cDNA
- Labeling of cDNA
- Quality control of labeled material (Nanodrop)
- Hybridization and scanning (Agilent oven and scanner)
- Image analysis and normalization (Feature Extraction software)
- Statistical data analysis for two experimental conditions (Genespring GX software)