We are reaching the end of 2018, a year full of achievements that we celebrated together joyfully at the Musée L. These achievements were made possible by your daily actions, I am proud and thankful for that!
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank in the name of all the researchers of our institute the administrative staff of LIDAM that helped us all during the entire year, doing so many things such as:
- welcoming over 200 visitors,
- keeping our websites alive and our library open and up to date,
- organizing a dozen conferences, over 250 seminars and an amazing team-building event where we all learned a lot about orienteering and maybe even about the institute,
- making our new members welcome,
- recording all of our 250 publications,
- and generally making LIDAM a nice place to work and do research.
I would also like to extend a special thanks to all the organizers of the 90th anniversary of IRES. The organization was impeccable and the talks were really inspiring. And once again, happy birthday to IRES!
In the meantime, let me wish you all very nice holidays, I hope this period will let you have a really good time with your family and friends!