The Institute congratulates a number of colleagues who have been awarded various kinds of honors, prizes, fellowships or grants, and to all those who spent some considerable time on introducing important grant applications.
The following list highlights some of the honors received by LIDAM members during the period 2014-2015.
For the period 2014-2015
- Since June 2015, Muriel DEJEMEPPE has been appointed member of the board of the Belgian Royal Society of Political Economy.
- On May 31, 2015, Jacques DREZE received the title of Doctor Honoris Causa from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Jean HINDRIKS has been nominted in the category “Expert of the year 2014” by the magazine Lobby.
- On September, François MANIQUET was elevated to the rand of Walloon Officer of Merit for his research on fair economy.
- The paper “A Dynamic Quantitative Macroeconomic Model of Bank Runs” (CORE DP 2014/68) by Elena MATTANA, with coautor Ettore PANETTI from Bank of Portugal, was nominated one of the two winners of the 2nd SUERF/UniCredit and Universities Foundation Research Prize.
- Marthe NYSSENS has been appointed member of the Belgian Royal Academy, class “Technology and Society”.
For the period 2012-2013
- Paul BELLEFLAMME obtained one of the six Prices Wermaers 2012 offered by the FNRS. The price rewards the “péda-blog”. IpdigIT is a blog about Intellectual Property (IP), the digital economy (DIGIT) and Information Technology (IT). It aims at discussing the law and economics of innovation.
- Paul BELLEFLAMME was awarded the 2013’s “Francqui Chair” of the Université de Liège. He was invited to give at HEC-Ulg a series of six lectures articulated
- around the theme “Microeconomics 2.0: Understanding the economics of Internet and the digital world”.
- Mathieur PARENTI was awarded the 2013 Aguirre-Basualdo Prize from the “Chancellerie des universités de Paris” for the best Ph.D. thesis in economics
- and management.
- Yves SMEERS has been elected INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences) fellow 2012. INFORMS fellows are examples of outstanding lifetime achievement in operations research and the management sciences. They have demonstrated exceptional accomplishments and made significant contributions to the advancement of OR/MS over a period of time.
- Laurence WOLSEY was awarded the John von Neuman Theory Prize from INFORMS. This prize is awarded annually to scholars who have made fundamental, sustained contributions to theory in operations research and the management sciences.
For the period 2011-2012:
- Constantin BLOME was elected vice president at large of the Decision Sciences Institute, an academic organization interested in the application of
quantitative and behavioral methods to the problem of society.
- Guillaume ROELS was awarded the 2011 Management Science Distinguished Award.
- Jacques THISSE received the title of Doctor Honoris Causa from Université Jean Monnet in Saint-Etienne for his work in economic geography and urban economics, on December 1, 2011.
- Isabelle THOMAS was awarded the 2011-2012 “Prix de la Compagnie Bois Sauvage’ for her participation in the SHAPE research project (Systematic
Analysis of Health Risks and Physical Activity Associated with Cycling Policies).
- Laurence WOLSEY was awarded the Dantzig Prize of the Mathematical Optimization Society at the 21st International Symposium on Mathematical
Programming (ISMP 2012).
For the period 2009-2011:
- Thomas BAUDIN obtained the 2009 Louis Forest Thesis Prize from the "Chancellerie des Universités de Paris" for his thesis "The Analysis of Fertility Behaviors: Public Policies and Cultural Determinants".
- Claude D'ASPREMONT has been elected Economic Theory Fellow of the Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET).
- François MANIQUET was awarded the Chair Francqui 2009-2010 at Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis in Brussels.
- François MANIQUET was awarded the Francqui Prize on June 9, 2010.
- Francois MANIQUET was awarded a European Research Council Advanced Grant in 2010.
- Florian MAYNERIS obtained a FEEM (Fondazione ENI Enrico Mattei) award, a prize organized jointly with the European Economic Association (EEA) aiming at rewarding the best research done by young economists.
- Florian MAYNERIS received the Louis Forest Prize for the best PhD dissertation awarded by the Chancellerie des Universités de Paris, December 2010.
- Rainer von SACHS was elected Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics in 2009, in recognition of his contributions to the development, dissemination and application of Mathematical Statistics.
- Léopold SIMAR, in 2009, has been holder of the “Chaire d’Excellence Pierre de Fermat”, Région Midi-Pyrénées: Université des Sciences Sociales, Toulouse.
- Jacques THISSE received the Walter Isard Award in recognition of his distinguished scholarly achievement in the field of regional science at the North-American Meeting of the Regional Science Association International held in Denver, USA, on October 11-13, 2010.
- Jacques THISSE – Doctor honoris causa, Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas, France; École Normale Supérieure de Cachan, France.