20 and 21 June 2022
For researchers and supervisors intending to apply for a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship (deadline: 14 September 2022)
As a young postdoctoral researcher, this is the time to consider new directions in your research. What is your ambition for the next stage in your career? What do you need to do now in order to achieve your goals in the future? A Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship offers a great opportunity for (young) researchers to boost their careers by going abroad gaining new skills and expertise at a host institute.
Considering the fierce competition and new eligibility and evaluation criteria, writing a successful MSCA Post Doctoral Fellowship proposal is a true challenge, as having a good idea is simply not enough.
About the event
The Master Class will take place on June 20 and 21, 2022 at UCLouvain (Belgium). It is primarily intended for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF) applicants with UCLouvain as host institution. Building on almost 600 years’ experience, the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain, University of Louvain) is a multisite university in Belgium (Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Woluwé, Brussels Saint-Gilles, Mons, Tournai, and Charleroi) at the forefront of innovation and excellence in education and research. UCLouvain is responsible for the education of nearly one out of two French-speaking academics in Belgium and proposes courses in all possible disciplines. It is ranked first among Belgian francophone universities. UCLouvain (47th position) is the leading Belgian university in the Times Higher Education ranking of the most international universities. Among Horizon 2020 projects, UCLouvain hosts 52 MSCA and 31 ERC. UCLouvain proposes a variety of services to society and the academic community: 3 science parks (Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels, Seneffe), 3 university hospitals (Saint-Luc Brussels, Mont-Godinne, Sainte-Elisabeth Namur), 2 museums and 8 main libraries. Research is organised via distinct yet complementary research entities: 22 research institutes, research centres, technology platforms.
- helps applicants to make their MSCA-PF proposal more competitive;
- also offers the opportunity to get to know UCLouvain while receiving in-depth advice on how to write their proposal.
For more information about the support that UCLouvain offers to MSCA applicants, please contact the Research Administration (Sara Wilmet).
The 2-day training is fully funded by UCLouvain: travel, accommodation (2 nights) and lunch. Note that the host promoter may decide to finance an additional night, the objective being that the candidate can also spend time at his/her host Institute.
- With the participation of an external consultant to give specific information on writing a winning proposal; the National Contact Point to present the call in general and the submission procedure; testimonies of winners as well as the participation of an evaluator who participated in the MSCA-PF 2021 selection;
- A session scheduled to address a specific point of the MSCA PF programme, namely information on the host institution. Highlighting the strengths of the host institution: gender, open science, hosting arrangements, training, etc. People from the institution concerned with all these aspects will be present to provide applicants with information on the paragraphs they should include in their proposal.
- Allow time for the applicant to visit the host institute. Please note that a promoter may support several applications if they are for different applicants and projects.
Registration (deadline : May 20, 2022)
- Each interested candidate will send his/her CV and the name of his/her UCLouvain promoter to the UCLouvain Research Administration (Sara Wilmet);
- The Research Administration will then check the eligibility of the candidate and will send an e-mail confirming the registration. Supporting documents useful for the preparation of the proposal are also sent.
Please find the enclosed complete list of foreseen research institutes, supervisors and/or referents, and e-mail addresses. You can contact the referents by e-mail, telephone or by going and to see them.
Before contacting a referent, please check your eligibility for an MSCA-PF action with Mrs Sara Wilmet (ADRE/RINT) - Phone: +32 10 47 38 36.
Please note that:
- Supervisors may also participate in the Master Class. To register, please send us an e-mail that includes the name of the applicant(s).
- If you are currently a researcher at UCLouvain and applying with a host institution abroad, you may also register to participate in the Master Class. To register please e-mail your CV, the name of your current supervisor and the name of your future host institution.
Researcher mobility funding
Phone : +32 10 47 38 36