The programme, which is targeted at incoming researchers, aims at reinforcing the international dimension of the three partner institutions (UCL, UNamur and USL-B) by supporting highly-qualified post-docs from abroad. The ultimate ambition is to build scientific and technological (S&T) collaborations and long-lasting networks between the respective research fields.
The programme is based on a bottom-up approach as all research fields are eligible (Sciences and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Health Sciences). The stay should cover 12 up to 24 months. The project will start maximum 12 months after the call deadline.
The exchanges must take place in a research unit of one of the three host institutions, namely:
- Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels, Tournai, Mons and Charleroi) : www.uclouvain.be;
- Université de Namur (Namur) : www.unamur.be;
- Université Saint-Louis - Bruxelles (Brussels) : www.usaintlouis.be.
“MOVE-IN Louvain” Incoming post-doc Fellowships are addressed to:
- Experienced researchers holding a doctoral degree (PhD) or having at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- Researchers with a maximum of 6 years of post-doc experience;
- Researchers in mobility condition: who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the starting date of the research project.
All nationalities are eligible.
The fellowship includes:
- A net monthly allowance, taking into account the experience of the fellow (average in 2016 with 2 years of working experience: EUR/month 2,311.36);
- The personal liability insurance costs;
- The contribution to the National Office of Social Security (NOSS);
- A bench fee of EUR/year 5,000 for laboratory-based research or EUR/year 2,500 for non-laboratory based research;
- Travel allowance: this amount will be calculated taking into account the country of origin of the candidate (depending on the country, it could range from EUR/year 250 to EUR/year 2,000).