BACHELOR course application: required documents
ALL documents must be provided as READABLE SCANS of IRREPROCHABLE quality (no distorted smartphone photos or screenshots)
Please consult our general and specific eligibility requirements before submitting your application.
General requirements for the constitution of the files of ALL the candidates
- A recent digital photograph.
- A recent certificate of nationality or a photocopy of your passport or of your national identity card.
- An Upper Secondary Education Certificate (CESS), a secondary school diploma,* and the transcript of marks obtained in the last year of studies sanctioned by this diploma (if the education system of your country provides for it)* or proof of passing the bachelor course admission exam.
- A photocopy of both sides of the final equivalency decision* issued by the Ministry of the French Community of Belgium (equivalency application deadline: 15/07/2021) if you hold a non-Belgian secondary school diploma. The International Baccalaureate and the European Baccalaureate are exempt from this requirement.
- Proof of passing an entrance exam in engineering, medicine or dentistry, if enrolled in one of these programmes.
- Copies of all higher education diplomas and related transcripts and a certificate specifying the total number of course credits taken and the number of credits passed (if this grading system is in force at your home institution). The results of a failed year must be provided.
- A post-dated certificate for each period not covered by academic enrolment must be provided. No period in the five years prior to enrolment can be vacant:
- Various activities undertaken (e.g. work, unemployment, language training, travel, etc): For example: employment certificate ( not an employment contract) from your employer, a social security organisation certificate , training course enrolment certificate, medical certificate, etc., with dates covering the period of activities.
- If you attended a higher education institution of the French-speaking Community of Belgium (university, haute école, etc.) from the 2016–17 academic year: a certificate of absence of debts issued by the institution.
* Either: your secondary education is or will be sanctioned by a secondary school diploma issued by an institution in a country of the European Union or an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate and you do not yet have this document at the time of submitting your application: in this case, we suggest that you already send us all the documents in your possession.
Or: your secondary education is or will be sanctioned by a secondary school diploma issued by an institution in a country outside the European Union and you do not yet have this document at the time of submitting your application: the absence of the certificate of obtaining your secondary school diploma, its final transcript and/or the related equivalency will not allow us to judge the quality of your application. In this case, we invite you to postpone your application to the next academic year.
All original documents written in a language other than French, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese must be accompanied by a translation prepared by a sworn translator.
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to you as soon as we receive your application. You will then be able to follow its progress via your online account. Please note that it may take several weeks to process your application.
No action will be taken concerning an incomplete application or an application submitted after the 15 calendar-day deadline. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please note: at the time of enrolment, presentation of all original and certified copy documents may be required.
- The French Community of Belgium regulates the number of students in certain bachelor courses. Its decree concerns bachelor courses in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, veterinary medicine, psychological sciences, speech therapy, medicine and dentistry.
- Applications to bachelor courses in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, veterinary medicine and speech therapy are subject to a special procedure. Information on the procedure for the 2021–22 academic year will be available during the second term on this webpage.
- Applications to bachelor courses in medicine and dentistry also require passing an entrance exam organised by the French Community of Belgium’s Académie de Recherche et d’Enseignement supérieur (ARES).
Special requirements for candidates with non-EU nationality
The criteria for acquiring Belgian student status are available on our website. If you qualify, you will have to provide the corresponding proof of such status in addition to your application. Such status allows a candidate to pay the same registration fees as a Belgian student.