Required documents for applying to a bachelor's degree program
Disclaimer: This page is only for students who have already completed an online application form for a bachelor's degree program for this academic year and who have received a confirmation on their e-mail address.
If you have applied for the Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Veterinary Medicine, Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology, Medicine and Dental Science, you will need to refer ONLY to the procedure described on the relevant web page.
1. General requirements for the constitution of the files of ALL the candidates
Please send ONE file containing the following documents, free and not stapled, in the order listed below ONLY by paper mail. We draw your attention to the fact that copies of diplomas and transcripts obtained since the end of your secondary studies must be certified by the university that issued the diplomas or by the local administrative authority (eg municipal administration, city hall , ....):
- Two passport-size photos (if possible, color on a white background) to be pasted on the pages of the application form, in the places provided for this purpose.
- A recent citizenship certificate or a photocopy of your passport or a photocopy of your national identity card
- A cover letter
- A double-sided photocopy of your high school diploma (high school ...) *, and the transcription of the marks obtained in the exams of the last year of studies sanctioned by this diploma *. Note that is no use to provide your marks for academic years before your graduation.
- If you have it, double-sided photocopy of the final equivalence decision * issued by the Ministry of the French Community of Belgium. If you don't have one, please note that you must submit a request for equivalence no later than 14 July 2018 (for more information, see: www.equivalences.cfwb.be). The International Baccalaureate (http://www.ibo.org) and the European Baccalaureate (www.eursc.eu) are not affected by this requirement.
- An attestation justifying the last 5 academic years:
- Studies: Copies of diplomas and marks relating to each academic year (successful or unsuccessful) and a certificate certifying the total number of credits of the followed course and the number of credits if those are in use in your country. All copies must be certified for any non-UE student.
- If diplomas were not obtained during the 5 years preceding registration, certified copies of diplomas and marks relating to each academic year (successful or unsuccessful) and a certificate indicating the total number of credits of the followed course and the number of earned credits .
- Various activities (work, unemployment, language courses, language courses, travel, ...): proof of employment (no employment contract) from your employer, certificate of social security organization, certificate of registration to an internship ... with mention of dates covering the period (s) of activities.
- No period can be unjustified.
If you have attended an institution of higher education of the French Community of Belgium (University, High School ...) from the academic year 2014-2015: a certificate issued by this institution which proves that you have no debts towards it.
All these documents must be written in the original language. If it is a language other than French, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese, please accompany them with a translation by a sworn translator.
Upon receipt of the requested documents, a mail specifying the rest of the procedure will be sent to your e-mail address. File processing will take several weeks.
No further action may be given to your file if you don't provide all the requested documents within the time limit and in the required form. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
* If you don't have these documents yet, you can already send us all the other requested documents.
Caution: when registering (between June 25th and September 30th), you will be asked to produce ALL the originals of all the constituent elements of your file.
2. Special requirements related to nationality outside the European Union of a candidate who can be assimilated to a Belgian student.
The criteria for being classed as a Belgian student (equivalent status) can be found at https://uclouvain.be/en/study/inscriptions/what-is-belgian-student-status.html . If you match one of the criteria, you will be required to provide proof of your status in addition to the requested supporting documentation.
Special case of students who have applied for admission to a bachelor's degree program in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, veterinary medicine, speech therapy, medicine or dental sciences.
The French Community of Belgium regulates the number of students in certain undergraduate courses in higher education. In university education, this decree concerns Bachelor degrees in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, veterinary medicine, psychological sciences, speech therapy, medicine and dental sciences.
These programs are subject to a special procedure. Information on the procedure for the 2018-2019 academic year will be available in June 2018 at the following web address
In addition, we inform you that to access undergraduate studies in the French-speaking Community of Belgium, any candidate who holds a secondary school diploma other than CESS, the European Baccalaureate (http: // www. eursc.eu/), the International Baccalaureate awarded by the Geneva Academy (= International Baccalaureate: http://www.ibo.org/en), must be other, obtain prior recognition of equivalence of his diploma leaving school with the Certificate of Higher Secondary Education (CESS) of the French Community of Belgium.
You will find the procedure to follow in order to obtain equivalence at the following address:
Ministère de la Communauté Française
Service des équivalences de l'enseignement obligatoire
Rue A. Lavallée, n ° 1 B-1080 BRUSSELS
Tel .: 00 32 (0) 2/690 86 86