Higher Education Teaching Certificate (CAPAES) and university certificate application: required documents
ALL documents must be provided as READABLE SCANS of IRREPROCHABLE quality (no distorted smartphone photos or screenshots)
Please consult our general and specific eligibility requirements before submitting your application.
General requirements for the constitution of the files of ALL the candidates
- A recent digital photograph.
- A recent certificate of nationality or a photocopy of your passport or of your national identity card.
- Copies of all diplomas* and related transcripts* and a certificate specifying the total number of course credits taken and the number of credits passed (if this grading system is in force at your home institution). The results of a failed year must be provided.
- A post-dated certificate for each period not covered by academic enrolment must be provided. No period in the five years prior to enrolment can be vacant:
- Various activities undertaken (e.g. work, unemployment, language training, travel). For example: employment certificate (not an employment contract) from your employer, a social security organisation certificate, training course enrolment certificate, medical certificate, etc., with dates covering the period of activities.
- If you attended a higher education institution of the French-speaking Community of Belgium (university, haute école, etc.) from the 2016–17 academic year: a certificate of absence of debts issued by the institution.
- A copy of both sides of the equivalency decision issued by the Ministry of the French Community of Belgium relating to the diploma giving access to the CAPAES.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, dated and signed.
- A letter of motivation.
- Proof of or a certificate or diploma attesting to your knowledge of the French language (DELF, DALF, TCF or other official certificates) if your studies were not conducted in French (this document is not necessary if the programme is followed entirely in English).
* If you do not yet have these documents, you can already send us all other requested documents.
All original documents written in a language other than French, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese must be accompanied by a translation prepared by a sworn translator.
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to you as soon as we receive your application. You will then be able to follow its progress via your online account. Please note that it may take several weeks to process your application.
No action will be taken concerning an incomplete application or an application submitted after the 15 calendar-day deadline. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please note: at the time of enrolment, presentation of all original and certified copy documents may be required.
Special requirements for candidates with non-EU nationality.
The criteria for acquiring Belgian student status are available on our website. If you qualify, you will have to provide the corresponding proof of such status in addition to your application. Such status allows a candidate to pay the same registration fees as a Belgian student.