Former UCLouvain students may have the following questions:
For your Belgian degree to be recognised in any foreign country, you must complete the following steps in order:
1. Contact the Enrolment Office in Louvain-la-Neuve to arrange for Director Anne Van Laethem (or in her absence, Anne Lekeux) to sign your degree supplements and appendices.
Fee: €1.50 per degree.
2. Take your degree, signed supplements and appendices to the Ministère de l’Education de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles.
Ms P. PIRSON
Service des légalisations de l’enseignement supérieur de plein exercice
Rue A. Lavallée, 1 (6th floor – office 6 F 612)
Tel: 02 690 88 98
Fax: 02 690 80 40
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and Monday and Thursday, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Metro: Ribaucourt, lines 2 and 6
3. Take your documents to the Ministère des Affaires Etrangères.
Service de Légalisation - C2.1
Rue des Petits Carmes, 15
Tel: 02 501 80 12, 02 501 88 15, 02 501 88 24 and 02 501 39 21
Fax: 02 501 37 90
Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, without appointment
Legalisation is performed on the spot.
Metro: Porte de Namur
Fee: €20 per legalisation
- If you are not in Belgium, consult your country’s Belgian embassy or consulate.
- If you are in Belgium, consult your communal administration or a sworn official (notary, etc.).
The law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy regarding personal data processing forbids us from meeting this type of request without the explicit agreement of the individual concerned.
For all such requests, the following information is required:
- surname, name
- date and place of birth
- course title(s) and academic year(s)
- concerned individual’s written and signed authorisation
However, on the basis of the provided document, we can, if appropriate, certify its authenticity.
The request must be submitted on the basis of a personalised, i.e. non-generic, address.
Submit to Ms Vinciane Desnoeck at:
Université catholique de Louvain
Place de l'Université, 1 bte L0.01.10
Tel: 00 32 (0)10 47 38 84, fax 00 32 (0)10 47 88 14
If the request requires additional research, processing can take up to three weeks.Note: Prior to the request, verify your document’s origin. Specifically, do not confuse the Université catholique de Louvain with our Dutch-language counterpart, the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (firstname.lastname@example.org).