DL: 19/10/2021, 2pm - Date limite de dépôt des projets complets en ADRE
Goals of the call
The objective of Innoviris’ Joint R&D Project Call is to foster collaboration between academia and industry in the Brussels-Capital Region. The program involves active participation of both academic units and industrial teams with the aim of strengthening knowledge, transferring IP from academic research to the industry and turning it into solutions that lead to new opportunities. Furthermore, Innoviris emphasizes the fact that this call is not meant to be restricted to high-tech only. ‘Low-tech’ projects as well as social sciences-oriented projects are much welcomed provided they are aligned with the program’s scheme and topic.
Theme : Toward Carbon Neutral Energy
- Energy Production
- Energy distribution and storage
- Increase the harvesting efficiency of these sources
- Decrease the investment and the associated maintenance costs
- Adapt and enable the harvesters for an urban usage.
- Energy efficiency
The project guidelines give the full explanations about the topic and some inspirational real life example like : automated wind turbine blade inspection, wind turbine for the urban environment, mechanical energy harvesting, portable battery power supply, Li-Ion batteries recycling, gravity-powered lamps, route optimization, digital twin for building efficiency, smart lighting…..
- The project must involve at least one research organization (university, university college or research center) having at least one head office in the Brussels-Capital Region AND one company whose relevant R&D activities are based in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- The project may thus involve the participation of more than one research organization and more than one company. However, the balance of efforts (person-months) between academia and industry must respect a 1/3 – 2/3 balance; i.e. the sum of efforts of all partners from academia or industry must not be greater than 2/3 the total efforts of the project.
- At this step (mid October) no more than a brief project outline is expected as well as a budget estimate
- Academic teams are expected to perform world-class research activities while companies are expected to put the research results into practice.
- Project duration must be between 1.5 and 3 years.
- Consortium may apply to a CONNECT form (please contact your ADRE advisor for more info).
- 15th June 2021: Launch of the call for project outlines;
- 19th October 2021, 2pm: Deadline for ADRE/UCLouvain to receive:
- The project outline form
- Optional: the CONNECT form (appended to the above project outline forms);
- 1st December 2021: Invitation to submit full proposals for consortia whose project outline has been retained.
- 24th February 2022, 2pm: Deadline for ADRE/UCLouvain to receive:
- In the course of April and May 2022: oral defense in front of a jury of experts and Innoviris – Innoviris evaluates the valorisation aspects while the experts assess the technical side of the project;
- Based on the evaluation, Innoviris will recommend that the Brussels Government fund the best ranked projects as allowed by the budget allocated to the call.
- Between 1st June 2022 and 1st October 2022: projects start.
We will help you by providing information on this JR&D call and check if your ideas match with Innoviris expectations, dealing with administrative and legal stuffs, identifying partners if needed, and we will support you in the valorisation aspects of the project
- Mme Kathleen Servaty - Energy, Greentech, SHS- Tel: +32 (0)10 47.92.49
- M. Xavier Lampe - Life sciences, ICT, SHS - Tel: +32 (0)10 47.24.71