Do you want to take your teaching to the next level and get your students fully engaged in your course?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here you'll find a variety of pedagogical resources that will help you make your classroom more engaging.
The following online resources offer fun and easy ways to step up student participation and interaction in your classroom:
- Socrative is an app that boosts classroom engagement. Launch a pre-prepared quiz or ask an impromptu question for instant student feedback.
- Plickers lets you easily collect real-time data in the classroom without student devices. Check whether your students understand key concepts.
- Padlet is a virtual bulletin board that allows students and teachers to express their thoughts on a common topic in real time.
- Quizlet is an online learning tool that allows users to create various types of practice tests.
- Showing an excerpt from a TED talk or a documentary film helps kick start student discussion or shake up a class that is already in progress.
- Watch this video on Peer Instruction by Eric Mazur from Harvard University about how to involve students in their own learning during a lecture.
Take one of the screencast video workshops created by UCLouvain English coaches to help increase student participation, improve your lesson planning or boost assessment in your courses.
- Workshop 1: An introdution to CLIL
- Workshop 2: Scaffolding your classes
- Workshop 3: Assessment in CLIL
- Workshop 4: CLIL Feedback and Comprehension Checks
- Workshop 5: French-Friendly Policy in CLIL
- Workshop 6: Using Humor in the Classroom
- Workshop 7 : Making your CLIL class interactive
For live workshops check our Events section!