The Faculty of Economics, Political and Social Sciences and Communication [ESPO] offers courses in both French and English.
- @Bachelor level: most of the courses we offer are in French. You will therefore need at least a B2 level in French to attend those courses.
- @Master level: we have a wide range of courses taught in English. You will need at least a B2 level in that language to be allowed to attend those courses.
Here are the various ways to find out about our courses on offer:
- Course catalogue search engine: click on the tab “search for a course unit” and use the filters to find courses that correspond to the faculty, the language and the semester you are interested in.
- ESPO courses taught in English
In the course description, you will find a summary description of the course, how many hours and ECTS it is worth, the number of contact hours, the name and contact details of the lecturer(s), the semester it is taught in, the link to the schedule and the pre-requisites.
You can also consult the programmes that are offered by the ESPO faculty:
- According to the ECTS system, the normal workload for one academic year is 60 ECTS and for one semestre it is 30 ECTS.
- However it is up to your home university to determine the exact number of ECTS you are required to get. It is expected that you will have a workload comparable to the one you would be required to have at your home institution.
- At least 50% of your course selection should belong to the school you are having an exchange with. Consult your UCLouvain mobility coordinators if you have any doubts.