- Department: Computing Science Engineering Department (INGI)
- City: Louvain-la-Neuve
- Country: Belgium
- Posted on: Monday, 04 September 2017
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, 15 November 2017
- Job Language Requirements: Bachelor level courses are mostly taught in French, master courses in English.
The Université catholique de Louvain is looking for a full-time professor in Software Security
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of Software Security, with a particular focus on design, test and validation techniques, privacy and anonymization aspects, secure software engineering, security analytics or cybersecurity. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application their contributions to open-source software.
She/he will teach Computer Science classes in the various degree programs organised by the Louvain School of Engineering. Bachelor level courses are mostly taught in French, master courses in English.
Within the Sector of Sciences and Technologies (SST) of UCL, the faculty position is attached to the Louvain School of Engineering (Ecole polytechnique de Louvain, EPL) and the Institute for Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM).
UCL is a comprehensive university that provides opportunities for cross-disciplinary research. The Louvain school of engineering (EPL) is committed to excellence and innovation in education, as witnessed by the constant growth of enrolments in its engineering, computer science and doctoral degrees since 10 years. The Institute for Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM) is a dynamic, highly collaborative, and inter-disciplinary research institute involving 41 faculty members and more than 200 researchers. Louvain-la-Neuve offers a unique living environment in a naturally preserved neighbourhood, conveniently located at the heart of Europe.
Tasks: The applicant will
• be responsible for teaching courses at all the study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
• supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of undergraduate students, as well as PhD theses;
• be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
• contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
• contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications: the applicant must have
• a PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• a significant scientific record proven by international publications;
• either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
• experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
• the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in their courses;
• creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinary;
• the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team;
• a good knowledge of both spoken and written French. If this is not the case, the applicant should be willing to learn French within 2 years. Fluency in English and other languages is an additional advantage;
• the capacity to teach in French and in English.
For further information, please contact :
- Professor Michel Verleysen, Dean of the Louvain School of Engineering (EPL)
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +32 10 47 2491 - Secr. : +32 10 47 2465
- Professor Jean-Didier Legat, President of the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM)
email@example.com, tel : +32 10 47 8036 - Secr. : +32 10 47 2597
- Professor Olivier Bonaventure, Chairman of the Computing Science Engineering Department (INGI)
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +32 10 47 9012 - Secr. : +32 10 47 31 50