The Business Engineering master is a two-year management programme which is intended to strengthen the managerial abilities of students having a background in sciences (physics and chemistry) and technologies (energy, electronics and telecommunications, mechanical engineering and processes) in addition to their training in economics and management and quantitative methods.
The Louvain School of Management was classed 22nd in the world in the 2011 ranking of the Financial Times (and 1st in Belgium) for its master programme in Business Engineering.
- You wish to develop your skills in the management of technologies;
- you seek to develop concrete in-company experience and participate in the management of complex and innovative projects;
- you are looking for a high-quality education, based on solid scientific knowledge, in the area of high-tech industry and services;
- you are motivated by entrepreneurial drive and a desire to learn how to work effectively in a team;
- you wish to become a manager.
Your Future Job
Entrepreneurial ability, the capacity to transform initiatives into economic realities, to organise these activities and ensure their continuity, to find the necessary resources and adequately combine them: these are the skills that one expects from those wishing to assume responsibilities in the management of companies.
Our graduates can be found in the highest corporate management positions, as well as in consultancy, auditing, banking, industry (production and operations management) and environmental management.
During the course of this master, you will develop the skills necessary for mastering the complex and varied realities that companies encounter in the knowledge economy.
- You will learn to model and formalise management problems and situations;
- you will integrate the technological processes and master their application in the industrial world;
- you will strengthen your language skills by taking a part of the courses in English;
- you will be able to take a quarter of courses in one of the 130 partner universities;
- you will have the possibility to be selected to complete your programme with the degree of Master's in International Management (CEMS), an exclusive in Belgium;
- you will be able to have the opportunity to take the Annual Block 2 abroad either within the framework of the IB (International Business) programme which provides for an exchange stay in a university partner and the performance of a 6-month traineeship in a company outside the European Union, or by applying for a double degree organised with our partner universities;
- you will be able to integrate the specialisation in "entrepreneurship" (CPME training);
- you will be able to expand your choice of options thanks to the offer in the areas of expertise on the two sites of the LSM.