Team building at institute level
engineer at Belgorod National Research University in 2013
Main project: Design, Friction Stir Processing and characterization of a new healable aluminum alloy.
Supervisor(s): Aude Simar
Aluminum alloys are widely used in the aerospace industry because of a good combination of mechanical properties and lightness. Large iron-rich intermetallic particles contained in the aluminum alloys are their source of damage. My PhD project proposes to aim for a new paradigm very little exploited for metallic systems: damage healing. Thus, I will design, process and characterize a new healable aluminum alloys.
Friction Stir Processing (FSP) will be used to fabricate aluminum based Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) with healing ability. Indeed, FSP leads to microstructure refinement, homogenization and porosity reduction that can significantly postpone damage. Moreover, FSP provides uniform distribution of reinforcing particles in the produced MMCs. FSP may also be used to process out-of-equilibrium microstructures.
In order to heal damage, low-melting point intermetallic compounds will be embedded in an aluminum matrix by FSP and be the source of damage rather than the iron-rich intermetallic particles. Healing will be triggered by a heat treatment causing local melting of the healing particles.
IMMC main research direction(s):
Processing and characterisation of materials
welding and joining
Research group(s): IMAP
See complete list of publications
1. Arseenko, Mariia; Ding, Lipeng; Idrissi, Hosni; Maire, Eric; Villanova, Julie; Zhao, Lv; Simar, Aude. Investigation of Healing Ability of 6XXX Series Based Al Alloy Produced by Friction Stir Processing. http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/216494
2. Simar, Aude; Arseenko, Mariia; Zhao, Lv; Gomes Affonseca Netto, Nelson; Ding, Lipeng; Idrissi, Hosni. Friction Stir Processed Al alloys for damage mitigation and healing. http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/221890
3. Arseenko, Mariia; Zhao, Lv; Ding, Lipeng; Idrissi, Hosni; Eric Maire; Julie Villanova; Simar, Aude. Healable Al alloys production by Friction Stir Processing. http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/223431
4. Arseenko, Mariia; Ding, Lipeng; Simar, Aude; Idrissi, Hosni. In-situ TEM observation of healing process in Al 6xxx based alloy. http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/223425
5. Arseenko, Mariia; Hannard, Florent; Zhao, Lv; Ding, Lipeng; Idrissi, Hosni; Simar, Aude. FIRST STEPS TOWARDS THE HEALABLE ALUMINUM ALLOYS. http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/214216