The MASSMET platform is an analytical platform applying mass spectrometry analysis to small metabolites and to compounds of biological or pharmaceutical interest. The platform provides a support in analytical chemistry mainly through the development of chromatographic methods coupled to mass spectrometry detection, with a particular focus on the detection, identification and quantification of “small molecules” in complex matrices. As such, the expertise provided by the platform is important for numerous labs within the LDRI and the “Health Sector”, as well as for labs of the “Sciences and Technology Sector”. To this aim, we share the use of several analytical equipments located both in Brussels (mainly at the LDRI) and at Louvain-la-Neuve (mainly at the ISV).
These equipments include (but are not limited to):
- ThermoScientific LTQ
- XL high resolution mass spectrometer
- Waters xevo TQS UPLC-MS/MS - ThermoScientific Trace GC-MS
- Thermoscientific LCQ Advantage mass spectrometer
- ThermoScientific DSQ GC mass spectrometer
- Several chromatographic systems (HPLC, UPLC, GC) using UV, DAD, or FID detectors are also available.