This Master’s degree provides training in the analysis of the ethical dimensions of decision making processes and practices at the individual, social and political level.
It develops the ability to grasp the theories, concepts and methods of ethical consideration in a field where they are applied; to use them in the analysis of ethical considerations in a field of application ; to use them in the analysis of the normative elements involved in decision making processing and practices and to undertake a personal research study.
- have gained a Bachelor’s degree in philosophy and wish to have a practical slant to your training ;
- have a Bachelor’s degree in another subject and have discovered philosophy from a minor subject or a certificate ;
- have already covered the foundations of philosophy in your training and are able to consider things from a critical viewpoint, that you wish to extend to an applied perspective ;
- wish to have training in the analysis of ethical considerations in decision making processes and practices in a variety of social and professional sectors.
Your Future Job
Apart from the classic path into teaching, many other openings are available for philosophers : posts where the critical training, the ability to analyse and review, the breadth of vision and a good sense of argumentation make philosophers highly valued, often in positions of responsibility.
Philosophers are to be found in politics and diplomacy, the cultural world and the voluntary sector, administration, trade and industry, journalism and communication and in the humanitarian field.
The Master’s degree offers you
- a programme which links theories, concepts and methods in ethical philosophy to practical application ;
- the possibility of joining interdisciplinary and international research teams ;
- a pluridisciplinary approach which is tuned into practice in areas of social life (politics, health, law, science and technology, etc.) where ethical issues arise ;
- for the biomedical specialisation, the opportunity for work experience in an ethics committee ;
- exchanges with our partner universities in Belgium and elsewhere.