120 credits - 2 years
Day schedule - In English
Francophone Certification Framework : 7
Internship : optional
Activities in other languages : YES
This Master’s degree programme educates engineers capable of using a large set of skills (analytical, modelling, design and inventiveness) in order to face future technological challenges in the scientific and technical fields linked to biomedical engineering and this in ever evolving European and global contexts.
Upon completion of this Master’s degree programme, you will have fundamental knowledge in all areas of biomedical engineering (bioinstrumentation, biomaterials, imaging and medical physics, mathematical modelling, artificial organs and rehabilitation, bioinformatics and biomechanics) as well as cutting edge knowledge of one or more major fields of study.
A series of video portraits of young engineers in biomedical engineering wants to be discovered on the “job description” page of the faculty.
- Have developed a marked interest in the biomedical field and its technological outputs (as a result of your undergraduate studies);
- Seek targeted information about current scientific or technological issues as well as the national and international job market;
- Want to play a role in development, production or management in the healthcare field.
This Master’s degree offers:
- Knowledge of the main scientific and industrial issues in the fields of applied biomedical engineering;
- Classes that emphasize theories and practice to develop advanced professional knowledge;
- The choice of one of more major fields of study in biomedical engineering;
- The chance to complete an internship in a hospital, in industry or in a research centre;
- The possibility of completing part of your master’s degree abroad (in Europe or elsewhere) and in certain cases the granting of a dual master’s degree (diploma granted jointly by UCLouvain and the institution where you studied abroad).