Welcome to the Computer Science and Engineering Department, committed to excellence in research and teaching.
The Computer Science and Engineering Department belongs to the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM) undertakes its world-class multi-disciplinary.
The department is home to 10 Professors and more than 50 researchers and talented graduates, active and thrive in 7 research programs through the following research centres and groups. They work each days to develop technology to protect and enhance people’s lives.
Our researchers are active in the following research domains :
- Biomedical engineering
- Communication systems and networks
- Cryptography ans Information security
- Dynamical systems, control and optimization
- Large graphs and networks
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Software engineering and programming systems
The Computing Science and Engineering Department is currently composed of eight research groups :
- Belgian Constraint Group (beCool)
- Cloud and Large Scale computing group
- IP Networking Lab (INL)
- Louvain Verification Lab
- Machine Learning Group (MLG)
- Programming Languages and Distributed Computing Research Group (PLDC)
- Research Laboratory on Software Evolution And Software Development technology
- Security and Performance of Networked Systems