Access2University, program to prepare asylum seekers and refugees for university studies
UCLouvain proposes a program to prepare asylum seekers and refugees to university studies.
The call for candidates for the 2020-2021 session is open. It will be closed on March 27.
- You are an asylum seeker in Belgium OR you have a refugee status OR you benefit from subsidiary OR temporary protection;
- You have reached the level A2 in spoken French AND you are able to write your address and identity in latin alphabet (French or English);
- You have obtained at least a secondary school degree OR you are willing to prepare for an admission exam for higher education;
- You are familiar with the use of a computer;
- You have the project to start a university degree.
- You live in Belgium.
Please note that the applications will go through a selection process. French level will be assessed by a test.
You will follow 3 types of activities:
- French (university level) courses (classroom courses, online courses and conversation tables);
- At least one course in line with your study project;
- Individualised help to refine your study project, to go through the admission process for a regular degree and to integrate in the student life.
Where and when?
Most of activities will take place at Louvain-La-Neuve during the academic year. Please note that applying to the program implies a commitment to attend all activities in the program. Candidates to the program have thus to ensure that they can make themselves available for these activities.
How to apply?
You will need to fill in a written application form that can be sent by email or regular mail (address below).
If your application file is complete and if you are eligible, you will be invited to participate in a one week Spring school from March 30 to April 3. Participation in the spring school is compulsory. It will be sanctioned by a written summary which will be evaluated by the programme admission committee.
Due to the measures taken to limit the spread of Coronavirus, the spring school from March 30 to April 03 is canceled. We will communicate the next steps of the process to you later, using the contact details provided on your forms. The date for submitting 2020-2021 applications is maintained at March 27. We thank you for your understanding.
A message describing the content of the spring school and other practical details will be sent to you during the week following the closing of the application procedure.
From April to June, a committee will receive you in person to assess your French level and your study project.
Contact details for any information regarding the program or to send the application form:
Jean-Marie Vianney Mutore
International Relations Department (ADRI)
Place de l'Université 1 / L.0.01.06
Tél.: +32 10 47 27 56