Access2University, program to prepare asylum seekers and refugees for university studies
UCLouvain proposes a program to prepare asylum seekers and refugees to university studies.
The call for candidates for the 2021-2022 session
- You are an asylum seeker in Belgium OR you have a refugee status OR you benefit from subsidiary OR temporary protection (have an annex 26 or a recent orange card);
- You have the project to start a university degree.
- You live in Belgium (maximum 1 hour travel time to Louvain-la-Neuve)
- You have obtained at least a secondary school degree AND started higher studies in your country (if you do not have an unrestricted equivalence of your secondary diploma);
- You have reached the level A2 in spoken French AND you are able to use latin alphabet (French or English);
- You are available to take classes during the day;
- You are familiar with the use of a computer;
Please note that the applications will go through a selection process. French level will be assessed by a test.
You will follow 3 types of activities:
- French (university level) courses (classroom courses, online courses and conversation tables);
- At least one course in line with your study project;
- Individualised help to refine your study project, to go through the admission process for a regular degree and to integrate in the student life.
Where and when?
Most of activities will take place at Louvain-La-Neuve during the academic year. Please note that applying to the program implies a commitment to attend all activities in the program. Candidates to the program have thus to ensure that they can make themselves available for these activities.
How to apply?
From mid-February to end of March 2021, you will need to fill in a online interest form.
Documents to provide (if you are unable to provide certain documents, please justify the reasons):
- identity documents
- school reports
From mid-April to June 2021, motivation interviews and the French test will take place. Students who will be selected for the Access2university program will then be informed and will be enrolled in the programs in early July 2021.
Discover the university
At the end of August-beginning of September 2021, a discovery day at UCLouvain will allow them to get to know the university services. The start of the academic year will take place in mid-September 2021.
Contact details for any information regarding the program or to send the application form:
International Relations Office (ADRI)
Place de l'Université 1 / L.0.01.06
Tél.: +32 10 47 27 56