The CEMS program at LSM is only open to students who will enroll in the 2-year Master in CEMS-Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or CEMS-Management (GEST2MS/GE), please click on , after being selected for CEMS MIM. The CEMS MiM is fully integrated in both of our Masters. Please note: the CEMS MIM starts in September of the first year of the Master.
At LSM we facilitate CEMS local-international student network and integration through the following common CEMS curriculum elements which include: 1 academic terms abroad in a different CEMS Schools (a few students will have the opportunity to do 2 terms abroad), an international internship, core courses, block seminar, skill seminars and a business project.
Please note: the internship is a compulsory part of your LSM Master's degree (min 12 consecutive weeks in a full-time position and counts for 10 ECTS). CEMS Students have to achieve their internship during the 2nd part of Term 2 of their Annual Block 1 (after Q2 Part 1 evaluation week).
To apply for the CEMS MIM programme at LSM, you are only required to provide proof of proficiency in English (entry requirement). However, all CEMS MIM students need to graduate with competences in at least three languages (exit requirements).
Language 1: English (C1 oral and written, entry requirement)
Can be validated through any of the following:
- Mother tongue honour statement
- TOEFL iBT: min. 100
- IELTS Academic test: min. 7.0
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): min. B grade
- Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC): min. higher B grade
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): min C1 level
- A Bachelor's diploma entirely taught in English from an English speaking country or in a CEMS or EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution
Language 2 (min B1 oral and written, exit requirement)
Mother tongue or B1 oral/B1 written level validated through the following
Language 3 (elementary level or up, exit requirement)
Any language validated through the following
(1)Cultural institutes accredited by CEMS
(2)Language courses and commercial language tests accredited by CEMS
Selected language courses at LSM
Please note that:
- elementary level language courses (A1, A2, B1) must have a minimum of 5 ECTS or 60 contact hours
- certain combinations of similar languages will not be allowed to fulfil the requirements. These are Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian/Montenegrin/Slovenian, Czech/Slovak, Danish/Swedish/Norwegian, Danish/Faroese, Dutch/Flemish/Frisian/Afrikaans, German/Luxembourgischer, Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian, Russian/Kazak, Spanish/Catalan, Spanish/Galician
- CEMS accredited language courses, certificates and tests have a finite validity depending on the level achieved. The reference date to take into account is the first day of your CEMS MIM year (2nd year of Master at LSM):
- C2/C1: eternal validity
- B2: 5 years
- B1/A2/A1: 2 years
LSM created an online diagnostic tool that helps you know if you already meet the CEMS language requirements and gives you the adequate options in case you do not.
CEMS Skill Seminars
CEMS (Soft) Skill Seminars are training seminars in practical skills. They are essential to kick-start an efficient professional career and fundamental to easily adjust to an international management environment.
In order to graduate, CEMS Students have to attend at least 4 Skill Seminar days in total (2 ECTS) (1 day = 8 hours = 0.5 ECTS)
Click here for the full list of CEMS Soft Skill Seminars offered at LSM.
The academic year at LSM is composed of 2 terms, each split into two parts (Part 1 & Part 2) :
- Fall term going from September to December with exam session in January
- Part 1 : the 8 first weeks of the term (incl. integration and evaluation week)
- Part 2 : the 6 last weeks of the term
- Spring term going from February to May with exam session in June
- Part 1 : the 7 first weeks of the term (incl. evaluation week)
- Part 2 : the 8 last weeks of the term (incl. 2 weeks of Easter holidays)
All courses are given on a period of 6 weeks:
- Courses from part 1 may end with an exam after the 6 weeks of lecture (on week 7) or during the January exam session
- Courses from part 2 have their exams scheduled during the June exam session automaticall
LSM Calendar here available