This Master’s degree is designed to provide advanced training in general and applied linguistics. The objective is to provide a route into research or a post in written or spoken communication in the widest sense (terminology, dictionaries, text readability etc.).
- have discovered, during your first training in language and literature or taking the linguistics minor, a marked interest in linguistic issues;
- wish to understand how a language functions in context and are curious about the mechanisms of language;
- wish to focus your training towards practising your skills in a professional environment;
- would like to deepen your linguistic knowledge in your native language and/or one or two foreign languages.
The Master’s degree offers you
- training which combines linguistic theory and applied linguistics;
- wide interdisciplinary range (IT, didactics, psychology etc.);
- an à la carte programme, in which you can combine different option courses and focuses;
- the possibility of a study visit abroad or work experience in the field;
- the opportunity to put your skills to the test in a professional environment, during a work placement in a research centre or in a company, depending on your specialisation.