To offer courses that meet the highest possible standards, UCL mobilises both human resources and financial means, such as:
- the UCL Education Development Fund, which stimulates and financially supports educators who use innovative teaching techniques;
- university teacher education and, more generally, support for UCL professors to perform their teaching duties (by providing input on learning methods, teaching aids, programme assessment and/or reforms, etc.);
- professor and programme evaluations, as well as advice and support for professors to analyse the effectiveness of their evaluation forms (multiple choice questionnaires, etc.), programmes (through data collection), evaluation and external audits, etc.;
- support for professors to define and determine expected and actual learning outcomes and to organise their lesson plans in accordance with a programme-based approach;
- development of new learning approaches and technologies (e-learning, MOOCs).