To help students attain the educational goals targeted by their chosen programme of study, UCL offers a range of strategies and supportive frameworks:
- The ‘Bachelor’s Passport’, SMART Week and tutoring are university initiatives that help first-year bachelor’s degree students assess their prerequisite knowledge and skills at the start of their programmes.
- The bachelor’s programme minor offers the opportunity to study a discipline other than the major, or to delve deeper into a particular facet of the major.
- Learning languages, encouraged throughout the student’s university career, opens minds to other points of view and cultural ways of learning.
- Internships help the student prepare for a professional life after university.
- International exchanges bring the world to the student and take the student out into the world.