The Musée L is the young university museum of UCLouvain located in the heart of an emblematic building of Louvain-la-Neuve and of modern Belgian architecture. The spectacular and calming spaces of the museum present numerous works of art in dialogue with the scientific collections of the university. The interior of the building itself is a work of art known for its instagrammable views.
What can I see in the Musée L?
The Museum displays art works (Magritte, Delvaux, Miro, Picasso, Goya…) but also presents the UCLouvain’s scientific collections (natural history specimens, archaeological and ethnographic objects and scientific inventions). All on show and dialogue in 2,600 m² of exhibition space at the heart of an iconic building, landmark of modern Belgian architecture.
How much does the admission cost?
The admission and most of the activities organized by the Museum are FREE for all UCLouvain’ students.
What can I do in the Museum as a student?
- Visit the 5 floors of permanent exhibition and check out the temporary exhibitions
- Experiment sculpture, engraving and color with the 3 “labs”
- Access most activities for free (intimate guided tours, meetings, student parties, etc.)
- Visit and be inspired by the fascinating "Plaster cast gallery" located in the museum's reserves.
- Last but not least: read, relax, breathe, far from the noise of the city, draw, find inspiration ... the place is yours!
When is it open?
The Museum is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9.30 AM to 5 PM and during the weekend from 11 AM to 5 PM. Every third Thursday of the month, the museum is open until 10 PM.
What is coming up at the Museum?
The next big exhibitions are part of the Triennial of Contemporary Art. Check out the website or their Instagram account to stay tuned.
Can I volunteer at the Museum?
You can join the Young friends of the Museum’s team or help them with their activities. It’s a group of students from UCLouvain in charge of the museum’s animation.