Register with a health insurance agency

A votre arrivée - Souscrire à une mutuelle

Students who are not EU citizens:

Students who are not EU citizens are required to register with a health insurance agency (‘mutuelle’), which partially covers the cost of care, drugs and hospitalisation.

To find a nearby office, consult their websites:

Students who are EU citizens:

While registering with a mutuelle is not a requirement for EU citizen students, who must show proof of coverage in their home country and provide form E 111, E 109 or E 128, or for some grant-assisted students whose funding organisation provides partial coverage, the university nevertheless advises these students to register with a Belgian health insurance agency to complement their existing coverage.

To do so, students must be enrolled at the university and present the specific certificate provided by the university for health agency registration.