UCLouvain provides the entire range of academic teacher training organised in the French Community of Belgium (Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles). In addition, it offers lifelong learning programmes to teaching professionals.
The School for Education and Training is the university’s nerve centre for actors in the field of teaching—formal and informal, within the school system or in other sectors (lifelong learning, professional integration, public or private).
Teacher Training Certificate for Upper Secondary Education (Agrégation de l'enseignement secondaire supérieur, AESS)
The training for future teachers of ‘upper secondary education’ (the final three years of secondary school) takes place in one of two ways. Graduates of a 60- or 120-credit master’s programme can complete a ‘post-master’ 30-credit Teacher Training Certificate for Upper Secondary Education. Alternatively, the same training can be acquired during pursuit of the 120-credit master’s degree with a ‘teaching focus’ (30 of the 120 credits comprise the ‘teaching focus’ equivalent of the certificate).
- UCLouvain teacher training courses
- UCLouvain teacher training course managers
- Recruit a teacher (redirects to employment page)
- Become a teacher training internship supervisor (form and terms to be established with the ‘AGRE’ programme commission)
Higher Education Teaching Certificate (Certificat d'aptitude pédagogique approprié à l'enseignement supérieur, CAPAES)
UCLouvain administers this certificate for higher education teaching professionals.
Master’s Degree in Educational Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Educational Sciences (Faculté ouverte pour adultes, FOPA; ‘Open Faculty for Adults’)
- Advanced Master’s Degree in University and Higher Education
- Training Forum (Forum des formations en sciences, FORFOR)
- Experimental Coaching in the Sciences (offered to science teachers who use classroom experiments and didactic tools)
- IFC Geography and Sciences Course
- Language Teaching
- Intern Supervisor Professional Practices Support
- Teaching a Course on Catholicism – Initiation
- Teaching a Course on Islam