Call for applications
The ICTEAM Thesis Award 2020 call for applications is now closed.
The result will be announced during the ICTEAM Council that will take place in October 2020 (date to be confirmed).
Composition of the selection comittee :
- Peter Van Roy (chair)
- Jean-Charles Delvenne
- Denis Flandre
- Christophe Craeye
- Pierre Dupont
The award of 2.000 € will be granted to the best doctoral thesis that was publicly defended in 2019 and for which at least one of the co-directors is officially a member of ICTEAM (“membre affecté”).
Applications must be submitted to the ICTEAM secretariat by February 29, 2020 and include :
- a hardcopy of the doctoral thesis (+ pdf by e-mail to the secretariat - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a maximum one-page motivation letter written by the applicant in which he/she states what he/she believes to be the qualities of the thesis and the reasons why he/she should be granted the award ;
- a short CV (5 pages max) listing scientific publications by categories (journal papers, book chapters, conference proceedings) as well as patents if relevant ;
- the thesis report (communicated to the PhD Graduate following the public defense) ;
- 2 (two) supporting letters from experts outside of UCLouvain, preferably members of the thesis jury. These letters should comment on the quality and the impact of the thesis work in comparison with the average of other theses belonging to the same research field. The deadline to forward these letters is March 16, 2020.
The award is (usually) announced formally during the « ICTEAM Day », and results are also published on the Institute’s web site.
Thesis directors or co-directors are strongly encouraged to communicate the present call for applications to their eligible (ex) PhD students.
Applications must be mailed to :
Place du Levant, 3 bte L5.03.02
Tel : +32-10-47 25 97
Read the regulations to know more.