October 24, 2022
October 26, 2022
Fostering a Sustainable Entrepreneurship Research Ecosystem
LouRIM (Louvain Research Institute in Management and Organizations), UCLouvain are glad to announce the first edition of AfRIC 2022 on 24th, 25th and 26th October 2022.
The 2022 AfRIC Conference is organized by LouRIM/ ‘SIEWA Initiative’ (Sustainable Innovative Entrepreneurship Worldwide /Africa Initiative) with the collaboration of IEF (International Entrepreneurship Forum, University of Essex), INSME (International Network for SMEs) and SAM (Société Africaine de Management), and the support of CAMES (African and Malagasy Council for Higher Education) through its research thematic programs (PTRs), AUF (Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie) – PRICNAC (an OEACP R&I initiative co funded by EU)
General theme of AfRIC 2022: “Fostering a Sustainable Entrepreneurship Research Ecosystem”
The general objective of this three-day virtual conference is to allow discussions about the progress on sustainable innovative entrepreneurship research with Africa through transdisciplinary, interdisciplinary perspectives. The specific objectives are:
- To provide space for knowledge sharing among young scholars interested in topics related to sustainable development, innovation and entrepreneurship for more socio-economic development and wellbeing with Africa.
- To provide opportunities for PhD candidates & early career researchers to present and discuss about their work.
- To provide opportunities for PhD candidates and early career researchers to submit their work to members of the SIEWA Scientific Board, IEF, SAM, CAMES-PTR Santé/ PTR Socio-économie et Marché, and to receive scientific advice as feedback.
- To offer the possibility to prepare and submit full manuscripts for publication in the Special Issues edited by the 1st AfRIC organizing committee.
- To provide space for an extensive network of academics, policy makers, practitioners, and community-based organizations to advance new knowledge by tapping leading edge research connecting real-life problems to the production of scientific knowledge
Conference Format and Activities
The AfRIC 2022 is organized virtually around two main activities during 3 days as follow:
- 2 days PHD BOOTCAMP: Capacity Building for PhDs and early-stage researchers
Day 1: ‘Meet the Editors’
Day 2: Doctoral Consortium
- One day Strategic Research Workshop with Stakeholders
Day 3: Cross fertilization
About SIEWA Initiative
SIEWA Initiative is an emerging international consortium-based initiative with already more than 15 universities and research initiatives members and supportive international organizations. Pursuant to the AU-EU High-Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation, we aim to: