This is the number of technology and documentary platforms at UCLouvain in all fields: science and technology, health sciences, social sciences and the humanities.
What is a technology platform?
A technology platform brings together teams from different laboratories, research institutes or faculties, and thus offers integrated services combining state-of-the-art equipment, technological expertise and interdisciplinary scientific expertise.
It makes it possible to pool forces and resources that each user could not deploy individually.
To provide the scientific community and socio-economic sectors with state-of-the-art infrastructure for:
- supporting educational and research activities;
- completing research projects and contracts;
- establishing partnership collaborations at regional, national and international level;
- providing external services.
- easier access to documentary resources, services, facilities and state-of-the-art technologies;
- pooling of expertise to ensure optimal use of equipment;
- possibility to achieve economies of scale;
- opportunities to invest.