26 mai 2023
Auditoire BARB91, Place Sainte Barbe - will also take place in the form of a video conference
On tensegrity structures for civil engineering applications by Jonas FERON
Pour l’obtention du grade académique de Doctorat en sciences de l’ingénieur et technologie
Tensegrity – otherwise known as the art of floating bars in an ocean of cables – has fascinated a large scientific community for decades, though very few structures have been built. Why?
Together, during my public defense, we will investigate this question through the realizations of my numerical, analytical, and experimental developments.
In particular, I will detail a design, calculation, and optimization methodology for stiffness and mass, discuss the challenges of prestressing and erecting tensegrity structures, present the results of experimental testing on nearly real scale prototypes, and summarize the design guidelines for civil engineering applications.
I invite you to join me at my defense to learn more about this fascinating topic.
Jury members :
- Prof. Pierre Latteur (UCLouvain), supervisor
- Prof. Eric Deleersnijder (UCLouvain), chairperson
- Prof. Jean-François Remacle (UCLouvain), secretary
- Prof. Julien Averseng (Univ. Montpellier, France)
- Prof. Vincent Denoel (ULiège)
- Prof. Andrea Micheletti (Univ. Roma 2, Italy)
- Prof. Landolf Rhode-Barbarigos (Univ. Miami, USA)
Pay attention :
The public defense of Jonas Feron scheduled for Friday 26 May at 04:15 p.m. will also take place in the form of a video conference