Picture : Antennas: numerical methods and systems (the Wheel-of-Time comprising 10
connected UWB antennas devoted to near-field imaging in the 1-to-5 GHz frequency range).
The group forms a multidisciplinary team, involving diverse aspects related to Microwave Engineering and Electromagnetics: microwave and millimetre-wave devices and materials, satellite and wireless propagation and sensing, antenna technology and numerical electromagnetic. It counts about 45 members, among which 6 professors and 25 Ph.D. students. It also benefits from the tools and expertises available in two UCL technological facilities: Winfab, dedicated to micro- and nano-fabrication, and Welcome, dedicated to electronic and communications measurements.
Principal Investigators :
Research Areas :
- On-wafer wideband characterization and fabrication of advanced Silicon-on-Insulator MOSFETs and substrates for microwaves and millimeter-waves applications
- Design, modelling, fabrication and measurement of active and passive microwave circuits (integrated and hybrid)
- Improved ray-tracing tool including diffuse scattering
- Electromagnetic modelling of body area channels
- Antennas and antenna array technology
- Computational electromagnetics based on integral equations
- Wideband characterisation of electromagnetic properties of materials, including nanocomposites and metamaterials
- Design of passive frequency-tunable devices based on novel materials and metamaterials
- Metamaterials for collimation and cloaking (e.g. for MRI)
- Modelling of tropospheric channel degradations on earth-space propagation
- Modelling of Land-Mobile Satellite channel from measurements
- Microwave remote sensing of the oceans
Most recent publications
Below are listed the 10 most recent journal articles and conference papers produced in this research area. You also can access all publications by following this link : see all publications.