1. When do I have to apply for a UCL accommodation ?
As from March (for the forthcoming academic year) until :
Please apply online (as from March 5th, 2018)
UCL accommodation is limited and the reservations are made following the principle ‘first-come, first-served’.
2. I must do a visa application. I need a proof of my accommodation request or that I will have an accommodation in my host country. How can I get this document ?
Only use this e-mail adress for your requests : firstname.lastname@example.org (for accommodation in Louvain-la-Neuve)
3. I've got no answer yet ?
Please wait : any request will receive a follow-up.
4. What if I receive a letter "no room available" before arriving in Belgium ?
You have the possibility to stay in a temporary dorm - the Kot Erasmus (28 rooms in a shared flat exclusively for Exchange Students) - for few days (approx. 3 days) in order to take the time to look intensively for an accommodation. Subscribe online: http://koterasmus.be/
Try also the other channels of housing (menu on the right). See also the question 6. "no more UCL accommodation available"
5. What if I have no room upon my arrival ?
You may still get a chance to have a UCL accommodation during the week before the Welcome Day :
go to the UCL Accommodation Office as soon as possible AND every day.
Some UCL accommodation are released early in the semester. There are several reasons for this : such as students cancelling their arrival or finding another place to live or missing exams.
6. Who can help me upon my arrival ?
The student club "Erasmus Student Network" - ESN LLN, can help you when you arrive in Belgium if you ask for it. They will not make the search for a place to live for you but they will advise you on how to find a place. They are on Facebook and have a website (www.esnlln.org); but you can also send them an email at email@example.com.
ESN LLN can rent you a bedding kit.
7. There is no more UCL accommodation available, what can I do ?
There are other options you might explore:
- Airbnb (search "Où" : "Louvain-la-Neuve" or "Louvain-la-Neuve Univ." or "Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve" )
- Kot Erasmus (dorms for Exchange Students)
- Short-term private accommodation
- Hotels in and around Louvain-la-Neuve
- Youth hostels
- All types of accommodation in Walloon Brabant province
- LE PLACET (international housing center recognized by the Direction Générale du Développement - Federal Service "Foreign Affairs" from Belgium)
- Private owners : click here for rooms / flats / appartments (Last updated October 20, 2017)
- Notre Maison
- 1 toit, 2 âges
- Foyer Saint Paul
- Louvain-la-Neuve à louer - Bouche à oreille
- Colocations lln louvain la neuve - kot comu
- Chambre kot à louer lln - louvain-la-neuve ucl et divers
- Ottignies-LLN ma ville
If you wish to rent accommodation this way, you will have to contact the owner/the hotel by phone, e-mail or Facebook, and come to an agreement with him/her directly.
8. I received a letter "a room is reserved for you". What do I have to do ?
When is the best time to arrive and get my key ?
Make sure you arrive on September 15th, for the first semester, and on Feburary 1st, for the second semester.
You need to sign the contract before receiving your keys.
Any further question ?
For any further question about your UCL accommodation, contact the UCL Accommodation Office by e-mail at