Who are our continuing education programmes intended for ?
- Be it in government, the private sector, non-profit groups, etc.
- Of progressing or changing professions, acquiring the tools needed to turn plans for personal development or commitments within society into a reality, by discovering a new area of knowledge, by gaining in-depth expertise on innovative subjects
- Of improving and expanding their capacity to act and reflect by putting their real-world knowledge to the test using theoretical tools, by learning about the latest breakthroughs in their field, etc.
Adults who are active in the working world and who do not meet the criteria for acceptance into their chosen programme may ask to be admitted on the basis of their personal and professional experience.
All the information can be found on the Accreditation for Work Experience page.
What type of continuing education programmes do we organise ?
- Master's degrees with flexible hours, which make up our offering in terms of degree-granting programmes. These programmes are worth at least 30 credits.
- University or inter-university certificates worth at least 10 credits
- Short continuing education programmes, at the end of which a statement of completion/successful completion is provided.
We offer cutting-edge continuing education programmes that are in sync with a constantly changing world. Meeting and anticipating needs in terms of continuing education, our programmes play a role in the expansion of new professions and the transformation of existing ones, from environmental manager to mediator, hippotherapist, pharmacist, and BIM Manager – to name just a few.
Who are our instructors ?
Our teams of instructors are of mixed origin, made up of both academics and field experts, in order to ensure rigour in the approach used and relevance in the methods and tools being proposed.
We give priority to teaching methods that help ensure lasting retention of what is learned during the programme: learning through projects or problems, case studies performed in actual companies, role-playing, traineeships, end-of-programme assignments organised around the study of a practical case (that might potentially be) encountered in the participant’s professional environment, etc.
Our participants are looking for professional development. The continuing education programmes we offer aim to allow participants to become specialists and acquire the tools and methods needed to successfully achieve their professional goals.
84% of our participants say that the programme they took will allow them to pursue their professional development (changing career paths, professional improvement, progress, new goals, etc.)
The continuing education programmes we offer are designed to combine cutting-edge knowledge and field experience. The teaching methods on offer ensure that knowledge gained through the programme is retained so that it can be put to work in the participant’s professional environment.
At the end of our programmes, our participants have become specialists and developed expertise that can be directly applied in the workplace.
86% of our participants say that, after completing the programme, they are able to apply what they learned in the programme to their professional lives.
76 % say that the continuing education programme has improved the services offered by their employer and the scientific and technological capabilities of their employer.
In some professions, it is mandatory to constantly re-train and earn educational points
To meet this need, UCL is an accredited educational institution with accreditation from professional associations and government authorities.
This is the case for our continuing education programmes aimed at, among others, lawyers, doctors, architects, accountants, auditors, etc.
All the information concerning these accreditations is available on the web page for each programme.