A research grant allows a researcher (under the guidance of a supervisor) to fund his or her own academic career. The grant application is based on a project designed specifically for the researcher. Either the researcher or the supervisor submits the application, based in part on the researcher’s curriculum vitae.
Several research grants exist, offered by the university itself or public or private sponsors; for doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers or experienced researchers; to support fundamental or applied research.
Every researcher can find suitable funding.
- International and EU funding: Amal Akheyar
- Regional and federal funding: Nathalie Burteau
- Fundamental research funding (FSR, ARC, FRS-FNRS and related funds): Anouk Distelmans
- Mobility funding: Sara Wilmet
- Private funding: Marie-Anne Crijns