The mid-term evaluation of your PhD is an important milestone that you must reach and succeed between 12 and 24 months after the date of your admission.
The Status tab in the My PhD > CONFIRMATION area gives the deadline for your mid-term evaluation (usually called “confirmation”) as well as your current status, which can take one of the following values:
- Waiting for confirmation report : this will be your status until you submit the report of the mid-term evaluation
- Confirmation report submitted : this status indicates that your report is being validated by the PhD commission.
- Confirmation succeeded : this will be your status after your report has been validated by the PhD commission.
- Waiting for new confirmation report : this status follows a failure of the mid-term evaluation for which the PhD commission allows you to retake the mid-term evaluation.
- End of PhD : this status follows a definitive failure of the mid-term evaluation report.
- Deadline extension request submitted : this status indicate that a deadline extension request has been submitted to the PhD commission and is currently under evaluation.
Under exceptional circumstances, the 24 months deadline for the mid-term evaluation can be extended by a few months. A deadline extension request, duly justified, can be submitted to the PhD commission in the Planning tab. The commission will evaluate your request and may decide to postpone the deadline.