Would you like to learn new skills? Do you have special skills that you would like to share with your colleagues?
The ACELI organises free training sessions for several softwares and methods commonly used in our institute. Those training sessions are planned during the evening and aim at giving the very basics allowing one to learn the software without feeling drowned. Training sessions are given on a voluntary basis by ELI members who have learned the use of specific softwares/methods and it may be possible to validate ECTS at the CDD for attending training sessions longer than 4 hours. Depending on the trainer and the audience, they can be given either in French or in English.
Previous training sessions included initiations to Matlab, ArcGIS, LaTeX , Endnote & Zotero, Open Science and ImageJ. If you have a wish for other initiation training sessions or want to give one yourself, do not hesitate to inform us as well, at firstname.lastname@example.org! Future training sessions will be announced by e-mail.
We hope you will appreciate the help they can provide.
2018-2019 training sessions
- Latex (beginner level, in French) : on Thursday 29th November 2018 or on Thursday 21th February 2019 (6:30-8:30 pm) by Charlotte Descamps & Olivia Bleeckx- link to register
- Unix (in French/English) : on Tuesday 4th December 2018 (2-4 pm) by Pierre-Yves Barriat - link to register
- Information literacy for young scientist (in French/English) : on Tuesday 11th December 2018 (2-4 pm) by Anne-Catherine Van Overbeke & Céline Ervinckx - link to register
- Matlab (beginners and advanced levels, in French/English) : on 8thTuesday , 15th January 2019 (6:30-8:30 pm) by Valentin Couvreur - link to register
- Documentary watch (in French/English) : on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 (1-2 pm) by Anne-Catherine Van Overbeke & Céline Ervinckx - link to register
- Image J (in French/English): on Tuesday 5th,12th,19th February 2019 (6:30-8:30 pm) by Guillaume Lobet and Xavier Draye - link to register
- Researchers profiles (in English): on Wednesday 27th February 2019 (1-2 pm) by Laura Quijano Gaudes - link to register
- Open Science (in French/English): on Tuesday 19th March 2019 (6:30-8:30 pm) by Guillaume Lobet - link to register
- Figures (in French/English): on Tuesday 2nd April 2019 (6:30-8:30 pm) by Guillaume Lobet - link to register
- !! GitHub (in French/English) by Pierre-Yves Barriat and François Massonnet: Cancelled this year !!
- "How to enjoy writing your next scientific paper?" (English) by François Massonnet on Mondey 20th May 2019 (12:30-2pm)
If you want more information about these trainings, you can send a mail directly to the trainer. Each session can be validated for 0.25 ECTS/2h. The priority is given to ELI’s members but students or people from other institutes are also welcome.
Other training sessions are organized by UCL (training sessions are in French):
- for teaching skills, there is a “special” seminar for PhD students (it can be validate for 3 ETCS in your doctoral program) : see the information
- for statistics (R, SAS, JMP, GLM analyses,…), you can go to SMCS pages : see the calendar
- for English communication (paper writing, oral presentation,…), you can go to ILV pages : see the calendar
- for management and interpersonal skills (project management, time management…), you can go to FORM pages : see the calendar and to CIO pages : see the calendar