UCLouvain is rooted in society and proactively assumes its role as a driver of change, by being open to people and the world.
- intensifying the institution’s influence through a proactive policy, promoting inclusion, diversity and sharing as sources of enrichment;
- supporting and enriching learning experiences and giving students the means to develop their talents as they pursue their academic and extracurricular goals – all this in an intercultural environment;
- strengthening the international dynamic as a tool for shaping the citizens of tomorrow, developing collaborations that offer innovative training, and participating in the development of a more sustainable society on a global scale;
- being part of open education, participating in the democratisation of science and culture by sharing data and scientific publications, and disseminating free educational tools.
The university is an incubator for responses to the technological and social challenges to which society is, and will be, exposed.
- promoting interdisciplinarity and creativity, combining diverse expertise and disciplines in the service of education and research, stimulating the emergence of innovative ideas and concepts;
- cultivating research excellence by extending the frontiers of knowledge, continuing to position the university in international networks, and emphasising research;
- educating individuals to face tomorrow’s challenges through enhanced course offerings that broaden student experiences, internationalise curricula and impart sustainability-related knowledge and skills;
- transforming the learning environment by designing new learning spaces, developing educational tools and using digital technology.
The quality of education and research at UCLouvain is based on its collective strength, which makes it possible to meet societal challenges.
- deploying human resources policy comprehensively and fairly, in line with the means allocated to the institution to allow staff members to accomplish their missions;
- mobilising, developing and recognising every individual’s skills in order to support their development at every stage of their career and provide a fulfilling and satisfying working environment;
- amplifying the culture of continuous improvement, maintaining a sense of belonging, ensuring the continuous evolution and efficiency of tools and processes, and pooling resources and developing networking in order to work in an agile and constructive manner.
UCLouvain plays a major role in its local and global environment. The expectations of its community and of society regarding the university’s role as an insightful and engaged partner are growing.
- mobilising its expertise to contribute to the development of sustainable and resilient learning ecosystems, stimulate dialogue and invigorate its network of graduates;
- supporting sustainable campuses by building a more ecological and inclusive ecosystem for the greatest number of people on each campus;
- promoting diversity, equality and inclusion as UCLouvain seeks to recognise and value the diversity of people in all its activities;
- increasing the contribution to regional development by proposing, in the Walloon and Brussels Capital Regions where UCLouvain is located, to help build local learning ecosystems nourished by cutting-edge research and innovative local courses.