The Circle U. Challenge will empower students from across the alliance to develop solutions to authentic challenges posed by civic partners such as university hospitals, local authorities, and charities in the cities and regions of the Circle U. partner universities.
What is the Circle U. Challenge?
The Circle U. Challenge is an initiative aimed at empowering students from across the Circle U. alliance to develop sustainable solutions to real-life challenges. It consists of a number of Challenges provided by Challengers (these are university hospitals and local authorities in the cities and regions where Circle U. universities are located).
There are six challenges to choose from and any student or student team can apply to any of them (not just the Challenge their university is organising). The programme runs from October 2022 till May 2023, with a final in-person event in Belgrade in May 2023.
The programme fosters the development of transferable skills – communication, teamwork, problem-solving, creativity, and multilingualism - and supports students in acquiring interdisciplinary and intercultural understanding.
Who can participate?
Full-time students of all years of study (BA, MA, and PhD) from the following Circle U. universities can apply to participate in this programme: Aarhus University, University of Belgrade, King's College London, UCLouvain, Université Paris Cité, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and University of Oslo.
Why get involved?
- Develop skills related to communication, problem-solving, team building, and disruptive thinking, as well as delivering pitches, writing business plans, fundraising, and marketing.
- Work on real-life challenges with civic partners and develop solutions that could make a real difference to communities.
- Earn a certificate of participation and entrepreneurial experience that will enhance your CV
- Gain international experience and network with peers from across Circle U.
- Have a chance of attending the final in Belgrade.
- Receive follow-up support from your home university, and the chance to apply to any accelerator programs they offer.