The series of lectures of the 2020 Jacques Solvay International Chair in Physics by Professor Roger Blandford (Stanford U., USA)
will be held online via Zoom on
1) Thursday 11 March 2021 at 5:30 PM (CET) - Black Holes: Nature or Nurture?: Role of Rotation in Powering Cosmic Sources
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92256891111?pwd=NmROZHRBdStvbnUxR1BWb1A1ZlIydz09
2) Monday 15 March 2021 at 5:30 PM (CET) - Cosmic Blowtorches: Relativistic Jets from Stars and Galaxies
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/93200154324?pwd=R2xqOEpKNVYwbU5xU1Z5bm1WL3djdz09
3) Friday 19 March 2021 at 4:00 PM (CET) - Fast Radio Bursts: ElectroMagnetic Pulses from Cosmologically Distant Neutron Stars with Hundred GigaTesla Magnetic Field?
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/98158316261?pwd=aXhZekJVT1lMVThoS05PeEFNRWFYQT09
4) Tuesday 23 March 2021 at 4:00 PM (CET) - Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays: On the Acceleration of Hundred Joule Particles by Intergalactic Shock Waves
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92712287397?pwd=WnRQeElnT0VTMHlzN0RTRWNaUzF3UT09
5) Wednesday 24 March 2021 at 4:00 PM (CET) - Unbeatable Rightness of Being: A Cosmic Ray Origin for Biological Homochirality?
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/91772093680?pwd=K2h2Q0F5TDFxSmdpWm9lM1k4anF3Zz09
Closing Lecture will take place in Brussels in October 2021.
Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.
Follow us on Facebook
The organisation of the Solvay activities is possible thanks to the generous support of the Solvay Family, the Solvay Group, ULB, VUB, the Belgian National Lottery, the Brussels-Capital Region, the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, the Vlaamse Regering and the City of Brussels.