Over the last 5 years, we have published 80 papers, 83% of which directed related to our research dealing with anti-infective pharmacology and drug-membrane interactions (17% as reviews or book chapters and educational papers related to anti-infective pharmacology or pharmacotherapy, papers in the field of clinical pharmacy).
Our experimental research is oriented in 6 main directions. These are, however, closely linked to one another.
- Lipid domains: a promising target for new antibiotics
- Cholesterol enriched domains and cellular toxicity
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of antibiotics in models of persistent infections
- Antibiotic activity against biofilms
- Antibiotic efflux and permeability resistance mechanisms
- Novel antibiotic targets and drug design