- French-learning component: in class, conversation tables, monitoring and citizen tandems with Belgian students.
- Academic component: one to three courses related to the participant’s study project.
- Support component:
- project definition, psycho-social and medical assistance;
- admission, orientation, enrolment, presentations on higher education and job market in Belgium;
- help with degree translation and equivalency;
- prior experience accreditation (VAE), prior experience review, assistance for administrative procedures at UCLouvain and other establishments;
- financial aid for transport and course materials, housing aid, care and referral to external services;
- legal clinic.
- In its three years of existence (2017-20) the programme welcomed 57 refugees or candidate refugees.
- Of the 2018-19 programme’s students, 70% subsequently enrolled in a higher education programme, 13% opted for another course and 17% chose to work.
- In 2019-20, UCLouvain welcomed 125 refugee or candidate refugee students.