Eduroam offers secure Wi-Fi Internet access to higher education and research institution staff and students. Eduroam member institution users can use their usual password to access the Internet while visiting any member institution.
UCL signed the Eduroam agreement and thus offers such access to the ‘eduroam’ Wi-Fi network.
What institutions are Eduroam partners? See: ‘Where can I eduroam?’
Members of Eduroam partner institutions visiting UCL
During your UCL visit, you have access to the Wi-Fi network ‘eduroam’, by using the same username and password that you use at your own institution.
During connection, you will be asked to enter the username and password provided by your institution:
- username: username@your_institution
- password: your institution password
At UCL, to log in to the eduroam network, your device must be configured to support the following protocols:
- encryption method: WPA2(+AES) or for older devices WPA(+TKIP);
- access control via protocol IEEE 802.1X;
- supported authentication methods: EAP-TTLS (+PAP) and EAP-PEAP