To be able to sit an exam you must fulfil all of the following requirements:
- Your tuition fees must be paid in full by January 4th at the latest
- You must be registered for the course on MyUCL
- You must be registered for the exam on MyUCL
- You cannot have previously received credit for the course
Dates for exam session are set in the UCLouvain Academic Calendar. There are two exam sessions for every course:
- For courses taught in Q1: January and September*
- For courses taught in Q2: June and September
- For courses taught in Q1+Q2: partial evaluation in January, final examination in June and September
For 11BA students, exams for Q1 courses are held three times (January, June, and September).
ATTENTION! Students may write the exam three times under two conditions:
- The student is in 11BA
- The course was taught in Q1 of block 1
If one of these conditions is not met, the student will not be able to take the exam more than twice (January and September).
*The Faculty of Philosophy, Arts and Letters (FIAL) waived this rule for a list of Q1 courses scheduled for June and September.
- If a student registers to retake an exam, only the last mark will be evaluated by the jury, even if the most recent result is a lower mark than that obtained previously.
- Exam registration changes are finalized at least ten days before the opening of the exam session.
- • Students are responsible for ensuring that they are registered correctly for exams and reporting any issue to their program secretariat.
- • For oral exams, students will choose their preferred time slot on Moodle. If a student does not choose a time slot, one will be assigned to them.
- • In the event of circumstances that cause difficulty during the exam session, such as absence from an exam, family and medical situations, or the non-respect of regulations relating to the exam, the student must contact the jury president.
Exam Schedule for 11BA Students
First year students in the bachelor’s degree cycle.
January Exam Session:
Registration through MyUCL: Students in 11BA are automatically registered for the January exam session. For the June and September sessions, however, students must register for their exams themselves.
Students in 11BA are required to physically attend every exam (and partial exam for full-year courses) in the January exam session. If a student does not attend an exam, they will not be able to register for any other exams in that academic year and is adjourned until the next year.
June Exam Session:
Students in 11BA are able to register
- For exams for courses that were taught in Q1 that they did not receive credit for in the January session (this option is only available for block 1 courses)
- For exams for courses that were taught in Q2
September Exam Session:
Students may register to retake exams for any course in which they did not receive credit after the June deliberation.
In justified circumstances, students participating in an exchange program may be able to be evaluated outside of the scheduled exam session. The decision is made by the president of the jury who will fix the terms.
Provisions on Partial Tests
If a student takes a partial exam in January and attains a passing mark, they will be evaluated in June on the remainder of the content. If the student does not sit the exam in June, they will lose the benefits of the partial evaluation. If the student did not attain a passing mark for the January partial exam, they will take an exam of the entire test at the June exam session. In all cases, in September, the exam covers the entire course. (RGEE, art. 82)
LAGRE Course Exams
Student may only register for the LAGRE2020, LAGRE2120 and LAGRE2220 exams if they have completed all the necessary components for evaluation of this course for the session concerned (internship, work, etc.)