The course covers the management and coordination of intervention programmes (humanitarian relief operations) in Southern countries and specific features of rehabilitation work in Southern countries.
It is intended to give participants the required knowledge to manage:
- an emergency situation in a Southern country, including objectively and precisely defining needs and planning an appropriate response;
- problems in relation to rehabilitation in Southern countries.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to do the following:
- analyse a situation and determine the existing needs (in a humanitarian emergency context);
- analyse the country’s ability to meet existing needs;
- recognise and be familiar with the conditions encountered in humanitarian emergencies (wars, natural disasters, etc.);
- define appropriate responses to deal with the situation and meet rehabilitation needs (technical actions);
- train local personnel.